When you’re looking for a company to provide regular janitorial cleaning service for your business, there are some questions you need to ask.
These questions are important because the cleaning crew often comes in after-hours and has access to important parts of your building.
- How are they hiring people? What kind of background checks are done? Does the company do regular screening?
- What kind of training is offered? Crews need to know more than what cleaning chemicals should never be mixed. They should have training in how to handle unusual circumstances, finding unusual items and so forth.
- What certifications are offered? What is the process for recertification? How often is recertification required?
- What is the customer service protocol?
- How is communication handled? Phone, in person, email? If you need to speak to someone in person, how quickly will the call be returned or how soon will someone come for a meeting.
- What’s the billing? 30-days net? 45-days net?
- How is payment handled? Do you pay by check, credit card, electronic fund transfer?
- How much liability insurance is carried? What does it cover?
- Does the company have workman’s comp? Can you see a few year’s worth of history to see how many claims they had? This may be difficult because of the health care privacy laws. You should be able to get aggregate information.
- Get references. When you call those references, ask if that company knows another business the janitorial service works for.
At ServiceMaster Clean, we go above and beyond the cleaning expectations of our customers to deliver high-quality janitorial cleaning service for your business.
Rest assured that our employees are professionals who have been trained with the knowledge and tools to be experts in the cleaning industry.
We use documented inspection systems, best practices set forth by leading governmental organizations, proven processes, and techniques to deliver the highest standard of cleanliness, and we use an electronic timekeeping system to ensure buildings are properly cleaned in a timely manner.
Service Master Clean in Charlotte also provides ongoing training to ensure our team follows the latest cleaning best practices.
If you need a janitorial service focused on customer care, accountability and superior service in Charlotte and Mecklenburg, ServiceMaster ABC is ready to help.
This article has been updated – originally published January 30, 2016.